PRP & Microneedling
PRP & Microneedling
Micro-needling uses a sterile needle-tip containing 12 tiny micro-needles to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin. This initiates the skin’s repair process to naturally produce collagen and elastin, an ideal environment to regrow your own natural hair. Micro-channels created by the treatment allow for optimal absorption of topical products and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), enhancing their effects in the deeper layers of skin.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy. What is PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentration of platelets in the blood that are crucial to wound healing. When used for hair restoration, PRP releases growth factors into the skin to expedite the body’s own repair process and stimulate new collagen and elastin.
Blood is drawn from the arm in the same way as with any blood test. Then, using a centrifuge and a special method, platelet rich plasma is isolated the resultant growth factors. A numbing cream is applied liberally to the scalp. Using a very thin needle, the growth factors are injected into the scalp. Once injected, the platelets immediately activate the body’s localized stem cells and begin rejuvenating and revitalizing the scalp to produce growth. The procedure is very tolerable with minimal discomfort and little to no downtime.
PRP is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the regenerating cells from your own body directly back into the area where they are needed. There is absolutely no chance of getting a blood infection from another human being. PRP involves using your own cells and it will not be rejected by your immune system.
Benefits of Micro-Needling & PRP for Hair restoration include:
- Minimal side effects - minor redness and tenderness of the treated skin
- Reduced downtime - most patients do not require excessive recovery time
- Decreased treatment time - usually only 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area
- Increased safety - disposable sterile single-use surgical grade needle tips
- Enhanced comfort - quicker treatment paired with the topical soothing gel used prior to treatment minimizes discomfort.
Resourced from Serenitydermatology.com